Friday, January 25, 2013

What I Hope to Read in 2013

Here's my list of books that have been rattling around my head and my bookshelf to be read . . . I'm starting with the books in blue (I already own them) . . . and we will see what happens with the other books. I haven't even included my book club books, so this list may change over time.

Classics:
Bleak House by Charles Dickens
Northanger Abby (or Persuasion) by Jane Austen
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Count of Monte Cristo by Aleander Dumas
Girl of the Limberlost (with the family) by Gene Stratton Porter

Adult:
Killer Angels by Michael Sharra
A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Ireland by Frank Delaney
Way of Kings (Book 2) by Brandon Sanderson (if it comes out in 2013!)
Cold Sassy Tree by Olivia Ann Burns
Maybe:
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Ford
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

Newbery or Newbery Honor Awards
Gay Neck, the Story of a Pigeon
Trumpeter of Krakow
Missing May
Heart of a Samurai
Moon Over Manifest
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P Figg
Evolution of Calpurina Tate
The River Between Us
Inside Out and Back Again
Whatever wins in 2013

Young Adult or Childrens
The Fault in Our Stars
Palace of Stone
Tiger Lilly
Bloody Jack
Love, Ruby Lavender
Let the Circle by Unbroken
Fly Trap (Fly by Night Book 2)
The Runaway King (the False Prince 2 coming out in March 2013)

Messenger (The Giver)
the Dragonfly Pool


Rereads:
Peter and the Starcatchers (to get ready for the Shakespeare Performance this summer)
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Pride and Prejudice (with my scholar lit class) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails