Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine




I read this book in two days. I made everybody go to Seven Peaks and ride the slides so I could read and read and read by the wave pool. (Reading by the pool is my favorite summer activity. Every now and then I get hot enough to dip in the pool for a bit, then I head back to my reading.) 

Sweet story of true friendship, regardless of color, and what makes a true friend. Also a really good look at an imperfect mother/daughter relationship, but both are trying to make it better.  Loved it. Highly recommended. (I think it is considered a YA novel, but it would be appropriate for a thoughtful nine year old . . .I'm recommending it to Coconut who is nearly ten years old.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails