Friday, September 16, 2011

The Doll People by Ann M. Martin

The Doll PeopleThe Doll People by Ann M. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

July 2011

I may have to upgrade this book to four stars. Just for the sake that my daughters LOVE reading it. Sallie and I have discussed so many things as a result of this book: spiders, unconditional family love, do dolls have feelings, my favorite toys from my girlhood, Aretha Franklin's RESPECT (Sallie loves to sing the "sock it to me sock it to me!" part. It is a fabulous book to spark book talks with little girls. I wouldn't put it up there with Charlotte's Web or the Little House books, but my daughters certainly enjoy this book! (and the series as well . . .)


from June 2011:

Sallie brought this book to me and asked that we start reading it in the mornings.  She is LOVING it. She actually read a chapter to me last night BY HERSELF (she usually reads a paragraph to me at each sitting, but more than one page is unprecedented!!) I was tired, and she wanted to read if after the family read aloud, so she offered to read it to me. It was late, but I couldn't resist. I was shocked that she read for so many pages!


updated review:

I finished the book. I can see why Aerie likes it so much. This is her next book club party book. We are going to make clothespin dolls and maybe grill our refreshments (the Funcrafts have a pretend/plastic BBQ). I think it will be quite a fun book club party.


previous review:

Aerie loves the Babysitter's Club books. She reads one a day . . . at least. She picks up a stack each time we go to the library (which can be twice in a week if necessary!) so, we are going to try something by the same author!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails